Kinship [noun]: A feeling of being close or similar to other people or things…
I’ve been hoping to find a way to express my love for small businesses and appreciation for the women who work their butts off to own and manage them for some time. I’ve forever been passionate about promoting and supporting small businesses because I come from a family of small business owners and I see the value in what they bring to communities. Being a small business owner is an incredibly rewarding, yet scary thing.
I recently brainstormed an idea with a friend on how I could further spread the message about how cool and inspiring all of the small business women out there are who are kicking butt and making their ‘passion projects’ a reality. We landed on the idea of building a community project through instagram that I hope you’ll help me promote.
The project is called The Kinship Collective and the idea is this:
- Every Friday I’ll share a small business person (and their incredible business) on Instagram.
- I’ll use the hashtag #kinshipcollective in the hope that eventually we can start to build a community of incredibly inspiring, hard working people doing great things.
- The idea is to give a small shout out and a huge thumbs up to the entrepreneurs, solopreneurs and small business women who deserve it. It would be super amazing to have you join me in this and share a favourite, inspiring person or business too!
- The account that you share is encouraged to then share an account they too find inspiring so the project can keep rolling!
- Let’s spread the love and cheer someone on that you know who’s doing kick ass things in their small biz!
In business it can get lonely, especially if you’re working for yourself, so I hope this project will shine a light on those doing amazing things and let them know they’re a part of a community of people holding space and praise for all of the inspirational things they do!
When women support each other amazing things can happen! I hope you’ll get on board with this project and join me using the hashtag #kinshipcollective to spread the love for inspiring small business women. Let’s see how far we can take it! ‘Round the world maybe?!
Join me this Friday on instagram and share an account on your grid that you think deserves a shout out! Don’t forget to use #kinshipcollective (or feel free to tag me @darlingdesignco) so I can see all of the amazing people you’ve shared.